Lyft is the closest competition to Uber. Uber and Lyft are very similar in price and as well as the Lyft requirement. Like uber, it is a cab-hailing app. Lyft is available in many parts and it is arguably as popular as Uber in the region.
Likewise, Lyft requirement is set up properly to ensure the safety of riders above all. There are requirements For drives and cars.
Lyft Requirement For Driver
Lyft is very strict on these requirements because of the safety of all parties. As such, there is no way around it. However, these Lyft requirements might vary slightly from one city to another. So your car might just be accepted in another city.
- You must be at least 21 years old
- All Lyft cars must be at least a 4-door with 4 seats available for passengers.
See the full list of model year requirements your location. Scroll down to find your state.
- All Cars must pass the vehicle inspection process of the mechanical and cosmetic condition.
- Auto insurance with your name on the policy
- Drivers must possess a US driver’s license with at least a year of driving experience on US soil.
- Current vehicle registration
- Drivers must pass background and driving records.
- Applying drive must own a smartphone ( iOS 11+, Android devices). A device capable of running the necessary app.
- Proof of compliance with all local regulations in your area
Lyft Requirement For Cars
The categories of Lyft cars include the Lyft Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL. They are available in about 80 cities across the U.S. with steady expansion plans in place.
You can check cities where the Lyft available. The Lyft requirement also varies between cities.
About Lyft Lux
Lyft has a few ride types that give drivers with qualifying high-end vehicles the chance to earn more:
- Lyft Lux: High-end, four seats, the perfect way to add a little luxury and arrive in style
- Lux Black: This car category requires only the most luxurious makes and models
- Lux Black XL: Lyft requirement for this class requires Premium black SUV with space for up to six passengers (means six seats excluding the driver)
How to qualify
The difference between Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux Black in which drivers and vehicles are eligible.
However to meet the Lyft requirement for Both Lyft Lux and Lux Black potential drivers must maintain a 4.85 or higher rating. While New drivers must give standard Lyft or Shared rides until they achieve a 4.85 rating or higher.
To qualify for Lyft Lux
- Drive in a Lyft city where Lyft Lux is available
- You possess an approved Lux vehicle model of latest 2013 or newer *
* Note: Lyft Lux is no longer available in New York City. Drivers in New York City whose vehicles were Lyft
- Lux-approved before May 25, 2017, can still give Lux Black rides.
- In Houston, Texas, the Lyft Lux vehicle model requirement is 2015 and newer. Houston drivers whose vehicles were Lyft Lux-approved before June 14, 2019, can still give Lux rides.
Requirement for Lux Black or Lux Black XL:
- Lux Black or Lux Black XL must be available in the city where you drive.
- You must be in possession of an approved Lux Black or Lux Black XL vehicle model of latest 2015 or newer.
- This class requires cars of 6 seats (excluding the driver) or more.
See a comprehensive list of eligible cars that are accepted by Lyft.
Again there is no way around Lyft requirement for drivers and cars. As such meet the above-stated requirement and you will have no problem with acceptance.