Reset Facebook password is a pathway created by facebook to tackle various password issues. From forgotten passwords to hacked facebook account. Facebook has several approaches to verify the right owner of a facebook account.
Basically facebook reset password with wither the email or phone number attached to the facebook account in view.
How To Reset Facebook Password
The idea of having users reset facebook password via email or phone number has protected the facebook account even more.
If you are neither with the email or password, you will be hit with the message.
“We are truly sorry for the difficulty in log into your Facebook account. Unfortunately, without your email address, we can not verify who you as the facebook account owner or give you access to the Facebook account. Get the necessary details and try again. Repeated try might lead us to hide the account”.
Once again if you have forgotten your facebook password do not panic and there is no need to rush off into opening a new one. You can still keep your account and friend with a simple reset facebook password process.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch a web browser on your phone or laptop
- Then Go to Facebook.com on the web browser.
- On the login page, locate and click Forgot account. (it is located beneath the field for username and password.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter (either your email address or phone number)
- Then go ahead to click on the Search button. ( This will prompt the website to check their database for the account linked to either the email or phone number)
- Then after a minute, it will either inform you that there is no account linked to the phone number or Facebook will search your Facebook account.
- Next select your preferred way to reset Facebook password:
- Send code via emails or
- Send code via SMS and
- Then click to Continue.
Make sure you have access to the preferred method you choose. Either the email or the phone number. In fact, that should be one of the guides behind your decision.
- Now, wait for the message.
- You will receive a reset code to your email or phone number. Enter the code you receive and click Continue.
- Then follow the on-screen step to successfully reset Facebook password.
- Also if you do not receive the code, click Didn’t get a code? and you will be redirected to a new page to choose another way to receive the code.
Check the other option. If you do not have access to receive the code through any of these ways to reset facebook password. click No longer have access to these? and follow the on-screen direction.
If with all the ways facebook provides, nothing can be done. Then Facebook will not allow you to access the account. The process only makes the site more secure as facebook is constantly attacked by hackers. Facebook works tirelessly to provide the right tech security to guide your information.
To make sure you never get lockout of your account again enable two-factor authentication.