Upwork is a website where the freelancer can get jobs easily. Upwork jobs stretch from simple writing jobs to complex programming jobs. These jobs are uploaded on a regular basis while freelancers can bid, get accepted, deliver the project and get paid. However, Upwork gets a 20% charge for using the platform.
The Upwork freelance platform came life with the merger of Elance and oDesk. The aim of the platform is to connect companies to freelancers. A now the platform host over 12 million registered freelancers, 5 million-plus registered clients, 3 million jobs annually and $1 billion worth of payment yearly. These numbers will only increase in the coming years due to the growing decrease security of regular jobs and the need to get multiple streams of income. Upwork freelance job is at the forefront with other freelance community coming up.
How To Get Upwork Jobs Login and Sign up process
To start seeking for Upwork jobs, you need to sign up first. To sign up and get an Upwork login use the procedures below.
- Go to the Upwork login page
- Locate and click on sign up
- Enter your names and email address (This is to create a free account)
- Enter a password
- Choose either to hire for a project or work as an Upwork freelancer
- Enter a username
- Then check the boxes to receive newsletters and terms and agreement
- Click on Create my account.
Login and proceed to set up your profile and there you go.
Upwork Jobs Charges
Upwork changed its structure and now charges freelance and clients.
As a client…
Hiring Upwork clients to pay a 2.75% on all payments while clients in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK with monthly expenses of $910 pay a flat fee of $25 for a month.
Here are some tips to get a good Upwork freelancer
- Be realistic about Upwork jobs pricing. Good freelancers do not apply for jobs below $5 per hour. As such poor pricing will attract startup freelancers looking to break into the business. As such this opens the chances of getting a bad job.
- Describe the job that you are giving out in detail so that freelancers can assess themselves to know if they really have the required skill set to see the job through.
As a freelancer…
Upwork freelancer charges are as follows 20% on the first $500 bill, 10% for total charges is between $500.01 and $10,000. However, if the charges exceed $10,000, a 5% fee is charged.
- Don’t underprice yourself to attract Upwork jobs even as a starter.
- Use the rate calculator to ascertain the right price that you should charge for a job.
- Build self-respect by not just matching the price offer of other clients but show potential clients that you are going to provide a quality job for your price.
- Apply for jobs below your set fee at times as clients can not give honest pricing of jobs on the platform.
Freelance jobs will only continue to increase as 40% of the US workforce are becoming freelancers. It is the right way to go. These platforms help companies rely on a small workforce that they can monitor effectively. While on the part of freelancer they can actually live a less stressful life as against the regular struggles and hassle of a daily 8-5 regular job.