Generally, let’s say you just want to sign up on Google Voice, and thinking, what it’s the essence. Here are some really fantastic reasons to use this service. before we go further let’s brief you on what it is all about.
It is a voicemail service from Google, it allows users to send free text messages, customize their voicemail, read voicemail text transcript, and more. lt is a telephone service that allows call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, and international call. This service was launched by Google on March 11, 2009, after the company had acquired the service Grand-Central.
It is commonly only in the U.S. Google Voice uses VoIP, which allows you to make voice calls over a standard broadband internet connection. It’s often used by small businesses to keep costs down, but it’s also suitable for everyday users.
It enables you to unite all of your phones under a single number and then use a powerful set of controls to determine how calls are handled. It has much of other impressive functionality including voicemail-to-text transcribing and advanced call-screening.
Features of google voice
Finding a Number
Google Voice allows you to choose your own phone number from the available pool. have it in mind that changing your number costs money, so choose a good one. Many carriers give you the option of using the number they have assigned to you like your Google Voice number, but doing so means you will lose a few features.
Once you have a Google Voice number, you will have to set up and verify the numbers you want it to ring. Note that Google won’t let you
- Use Google Voice without at least one verified phone number on record
- Input phone numbers that you don’t have access to
- Forward to the same number on multiple G V accounts
You can make calls through your account easily by accessing the website. It will dial your phone and the number you’re trying to reach, and connect the two.
Making International Calls
You can only forward Google Voice calls to U.S. numbers. Moreover, you can use the service to place international calls. To do so, you must purchase credits through Google. After that, go to the website or the mobile app to place your call.
You can forward your calls to many numbers at the same time. You can just set numbers to the only ring during certain times of the day. For instance, between 6:00 AM and 3:00 PM on weekdays, you may want your work number to ring, while in the evenings and weekends you want it to be your mobile number.
Receiving a voice call forwarded from Google Voice is the same as receiving one on your mobile phone: you can choose to either answer the call or send it directly to voicemail.
- Listen in on voicemail before answering a call.
- Set certain phones to ring depending on the caller.
- Call routing.
- Voicemail transcripts.
- Cheap international calls.
- Google Voice call recording.
- Notification of voicemail via email or SMS
How To Use It
- Through your Android device, open the Voice app.
- Tap the menu settings at the top left.
- Tap Calls started from this device’s phone app under calls.
- Choose when to use Voice for calls from your phone’s dialer app.
- Select when to use Voice while driving on the driving mode.