Reset Gmail password has helped a lot of people in the past from complete loss of important emails. It is a pathway through which users can verify their identity before creating a new password.
Gmail is the most used email address in the world boasting of more users than yahoo mail, it closest rival over the years. Aside from that losing your Gmail password restricts your access to a host of Google platforms such as Youtube, google plus and google doc. For these reasons and more that is why reset Gmail password is important.
Change or Reset Gmail Password
Below are steps to reset Gmail password for security reasons. Say you forgot your password or it was hacked and now you are trying your password but it returns an invalid result all the time. Then this is the process that you should try first.
Steps To Change your password On Android phone.
- On your Android phone
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Go to Google Account.
- Tap Security at the top.
- Locate “Signing in to Google,” and tap Password.
- Then enter your new password.
- Tap Change Password.
Reset your password
- Launch your browser
- Go to https://accounts.google.com
- Locate and click on Forgot password
- Enter the phone number linked to the Gmail account
- Click next
- You will be prompted to enter your first and last names and click next
- On the next screen, you will be asked to expect a reset facebook password code on the phone number you entered
- Wait for the text or click resend if it does not deliver
- Filling the code sent to you
- Create a new password and follow the on-screen directions to successfully reciver your Gmail account.
Enable Two-Step Authentication.
Two-step authentication is one of the ways you need not to fall into the stress of to reset gmail password. This is because it provides an added layer of security to stop unauthorized access to an individual’s email account.To set up two-step authentication.
please see the following:
- Visit Google 2-Step Verification
- Click ‘Get Started’
- Click ‘Get Started’
- Sign into your Gmail account
- Click to enable two-step verification
- Enter your phone number under the “Voice or Text Message” option. You will be using this number to receive a numeric code from Gmail. Thus you can only gain access or authorize access to Gmail account using the codes you recieve for all login attempt. that may be used in the future
- Then click ‘Send code’
- Fill in the verification code Google received and click ‘Done’
- Check the ‘Trust this computer’ if you are using a trusted computer.
- Click ‘Next’
- Click ‘Confirm’ to turn on 2-step Verification
Keep your Gmail account safe all the time with the two-step verification. However, if you lose you account simply use th reset Gmail password procedure to reset it.