To set up Gmail account is the best choice for many internet users. The service was made available by Google in 2009 and a decade on it has over 1.4billion users. Aside from being one of the most reliable emailing services in the world, google account gives you access to the world of google. You can use the same login on all google’s platforms such as Youtube, Google +, google drive and more.
A lot of websites have also joined the trend of “login with google”. A service that enables you to login using your Google password to gain access to other websites. So with Google, you can have it all with an all.
How To Set Up Gmail Account
Google records a whopping 1.4 billion users on its platform meaning an average of 140 million people have set up a Gmail account since inception in 2009. If you do not have one or you are having a problem setting up, here is a guide.
To create an account:
- Go to www.gmail.com.
- Locate and click on “Create account”.
- This will bring up a sign-up form. Enter the required information.
- First and last name
- Username (note username are unique names for your email address)
- Minimum of 8 characters Password (You will be prompted to enter it twice)
- Click on next to proceed
- Enter an active phone number. Here you can enable two-step verification (optional)
- Wait for the google verification code. It usually starts with a G-
- Enter the code in the spaced provided and click next.
- On the next screen enter your personal information.
- Recovery email (optional)
- Birthday date
- Then click on I agree.
At this point, you have successfully set up your Gmail account.
Setting up a strong password is very important. It is in your best interest to use an unpredictable password with no trace to your username or real name. Set up a Gmail password that contains upper case, lower case, and numbers.
How To Sign Out and In Of Gmail Account
After you have set up the Gmail account, you are automatically signed and at some point, you should sign out.
To Sign out
- From your email feeds
- Click on the profile icon to the top right corner.
- Locate and click on Sign out
To sign in
On clicking sign out, you will be redirected to the sign-in page. But if you are signing subsequently you will need start by going to google’s home page www.gmail.com
- Enter your username and password
- Click Next.
Safeguarding your password is primarily up to you as no google will not be responsible for your lose of information. However to further beef up you Gmail security, install two-step authentication
Comment, share and read other posts.