Hacked Facebook account is a regular occurrence in recent times. Users might suddenly discover their password suddenly does not work anymore.
As a result, you lose control of the account along with your data including Facebook pages, photos, videos, Facebook friends and status update. This can be heartbreaking for many.
This article will review three methods through which you can recover your hacked facebook account. These methods are simple to use.
Method 1 – Resetting your Hacked Facebook account password via Mobile
This method is simple and easy. You just have to carry out a reset of your Facebook account password on mobile.
Follow these steps to recover your Hacked Facebook account using the Resetting password method.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile and click on the Forget password link. It will take you to Facebook’s password reset website.
- Enter your details either email or phone number (the one you use when signing up for a Facebook account) and click on the Search Button.
- Choose an account recovery method. This can be via SMS or Email email address. Click on the Continue button. You will receive a text code or email.
- Open the Text code or email, you will see a six-digit code.
- Enter the Six digit text code in the box provided and click on the continue button. You will immediately be logged into your Facebook account.
- The moment you log into your Facebook account, Check the “Log me out of other devices“ box. Click on the continue button and change your password immediately.
Method 2 – Resetting your Hacked Facebook account password via a PC
Go to the Facebook official website and click on the Forget Account link. Fill in your email address or phone number then click on the Search Button.
- Select a preferred option of perform, and subsequently click on the Continue button afterward.
- You will receive a verification code. Input the verification code received into the given box and click on the continue button.
- The final step, type in a password and click on the “Log me out of other devices” Button.
Method 3 – Report the Hacked Account to Facebook
This will be the last option when trying to recover your hacked Facebook account. All you have to do is to report the hacked account to Facebook.
- Go to Facebook’s Hacked account page and click on “My Account is Compromised” link.
- Enter your details (Phone number or email address) and click on the search button.
- Enter a password and Continue.
- From the options presented, Select a valid reason; I saw a post, message, or event on my account that I didn’t create/ Someone else got into my account without my permission/ I don’t see the right option on this list and. Click on the “Get started” option.
- Enter your new password and then click on the next button.
- Edit any information that you didn’t change. That’s it.
If you found this article helpful, kindly share. Thanks. Also, check out more related posts including How to create a Facebook jobs post, How to a Facebook Jobs post, How to create a Facebook business page.