You will never understand the importance of Gmail template unless you have to respond to a whole lot of emails in your inbox individually. These templates ensure that you save time in replying to these messages while typing less.
Gmail templates are programmed or possible responses to emails in your inbox. They are the canned response you can easily apply as a reply to an email.
To start using the Gmail templates, you will have to enable the canned responses to feature within your Gmail account.
Enable Canned Responses in Gmail
To enable the canned message you will need to follow these steps below.
- Log in your Gmail account
- Go to settings from the top right corner
- Select Settings on the drop-down menu
- Click on the advance tab as known as the Labs
- There, enable the Canned Responses.
Finally, click on the save changes.
How to Save a Gmail Template
As soon as you turn on the canned message you will have access to some Gmail pre-made templates but you can also create yours using the following steps.
- Compose the new Gmail template leaving both the Subject: and To: fields empty.
- Click on the More icon (the three dots in the bottom-right of the email).
- Choose Canned responses from the menu and click on New canned response.
- Name your new template.
Select OK to save.
How To Reply Using a Gmail Template
After you have successfully created a Gmail template, the next thing is how to use it.
- Click to start a new message or reply an existing mail
- Proceed to select more options.
- Then Choose the Canned responses menu.
- Choose from the list of Gmail template and Select the desired template.
- This immediately inserts the template to the message area
This time, remember to fill in the To: and Subject: fields.
There is a whole lot of stress that these Gmail templates can save you from when replying to a lot of people. On another hand, if you are like a lot of people who can not spend a whole lot of time typing messages, the template comes in handy and useful.