You can predict the distance on google map with just a few clicks. Been able to do this is such enormous power in the hands of users as they can get the best path and time it will take them to get to their destination. The App will tell you the distance along the planned route and not the exact distance between the starting and final destinations.
Desktop Maps users can measure explicit distances between two or more points. You can even draw characters and shapes for fun (as Google did to demonstrate the new features). You can also check out our post on top maps for android and iPhones.
Distance on Google Map Using Desktop
- Go to https://www.google.com/maps
- Enter your current location and destination
- Right-click on map
- Then select the option to “measure distance” from the drop-down menu.
- After that click on another point on the map to create a path, and you will see the distance between the selected points. You can as well select multiple points to measure distances between several different places.
- You can view the total distance on google map.
How To Predict Time and Traffic on Google Maps
Sometimes getting the distance from a point to point along the route might prove insufficient. Because they might not be the true determinant of how long you will spend on a trip.
You can get more than distance on google map. The traffic is another parameter that Google takes into consideration for users. To that effect, google predicts the time and traffic on your chosen route from your departure to your destination. Google Maps would definitely generate a route at the time with Traffic predictions of that hour.
- To see the prediction of the traffic, Open the Google Maps app on your Android Smartphone First. then Tap the Directions button on the bottom right.
- Then enter the starting point and destination details in the input fields to generate a route for your commute.
- The real-time traffic patches in red on the blue route will indicate. Click on the options button (three vertical dots) on the top right.
- Click ‘set depart & arrive time‘ to open a new pop up window. In this case, you can select the Time and date of your departure or arrival and tap set.
- Google Maps would spontaneously generate a route at the time with Traffic predictions of that hour.
Unluckily you can only use this feature in Android OS powered phones. Even though Google Maps app for iOS is similar to Android, you do not get traffic preview for that time.