The iCloud and Apple ID are two of the backbone technologies of the iPhone. Apple’s provision to backup your iPhone on iCloud is one of that technology that makes the Phone so easy to use and to even switch data from one to another.
How To Backup iPhone on iCloud
To backup the iPhone on iCloud can be done through the phone setting easily. The process is similar on both iPad and iPhone. Before starting to ensure that you have a functioning internet connection.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. The settings app is simply a gear icon on the app tray.
- To go to the iCloud setting on your device, Locate and Tap on your name at the top of the Settings.
- Tap on “iCloud” to enter the iCloud settings
- From the iCloud settings, Scroll down and tap on “iCloud Backup”
- Ensure that you toggle on the iCloud backup switch.
- Next, Tap on backup now to start the process to back up the iPhone on iCloud.
- The process depends on the volume of data that you have on your iPhone.
You can see the process is not as difficult as you think. You can also restore the data on the iCloud easily. All you need to have is your Apple ID login details.
See how much iCloud storage you have
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on [your name] at the top
- Now tap on iCloud Storage or Manage Storage.
- Sign in if prompted
There you will see a breakdown of what you have the backup from your iPhone to the iCloud.
Choose which apps to back up
The backup iPhone on iCloud is an automatic process. As such data from apps directed to the iCloud from the day you install them. However, you can select which apps on your iPhone to backup on iCloud.
On iOS 13 or Later
- Again launch your Settings
- Locate and tap on [your name]
- Then go to iCloud.
- For iOS 13 or later tap Manage Storage then Backups.
- While for iOS 10.3, tap iCloud Storage then Manage Storage.
- Now tap on your iPhone type
- Locate “Choose Data to Back Up”
- There you can choose to turn off an app & delete its data from iCloud.
Note you can not stop some apps from backing up.
Why Backup Your iPhone
The iCloud service is a free cloud space offered to all Apple device owners. All iPhones users are entitled to free 5GB cloud space however you can always purchase more space at affordable rates.
To backup, your iPhone to iCloud is easy, convenient and stress-free. It only involves a few steps. With icloud be confident that you can not lose your media and important files ever again. Because iCloud is safe and can only be assessed and restored to another iOS device by you.
iCloud Subscription Plan
If space is insufficient, then you can easily upgrade or purchase one of these available and affordable cloud space. When the free one becomes insufficient
- 5GB of storage for Free
- 50GB of storage for $0.99/month
- 200GB of storage for $2.99/month
- 2TB of storage for $9.99/month
Also learn how to restore icloud backup easily.
Thanks for reading, watch out for similar guides like this. Also, learn about Apple music.