WhatsApp group feature is a WhatsApp feature that allows users to send messages in a common chat environment. The creator of the group assumes the admin position and can also delegate, add, and remove others from the group. The group creator can also permit others to become administrators as such giving them equal rights. This means that the new admin can remove you likewise.
How To Create A WhatsApp Group
- Launch the WhatsApp on your phone
- Then go to chats tab
- Go to the menu (the three-dot icons) Located at the top right corner.
- Touch on New group.
- An Alternatively way is to go to the chat tab
- Tap on New chat
- On the new chat screen tap “new group”.
- Next search for contacts to add to the group.
- When you are done adding all group members, tap the green arrow.
- Enter a subject for the group. This could be a name that defines the participants. It is the name all participating members of the WhatsApp group will see.
- The subject is a maximum of 25 characters.
- You can also include special characters such as emoji to your subject. Just tap the smiley face icon.
- To add a group icon, tap the camera icon next to space for the subject.
- You can choose to use your Camera.
- Add from Gallery or
- Search Web for an image.
- Once you choose a group icon, it will automatically take its place next to the subject and over the chat tab. The group icon is like the profile picture of an individual account.
- Finally, tap the green checkmark when you are done.
Inviting into groups via links
Inviting people via the group link can be very useful because you can invite those you do not have their number on your phone. To create a link, follow the guideline below.
- Launch the WhatsApp.
- Go to the WhatsApp group.
- Then tap on the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, select the group in the chat tab ( by tapping and hold the group).
- Then go to the menu (the three-dot icon)
- Next, click the Group info tab.
- Then, Tap on the invite link displayed.
- You can either Send links via WhatsApp, Copy link or Share link other apps such as Facebook.
- Aside from sharing the group via the link, another method to share the group is with a QR code
- Instead of taking any of the action to Copy link or Share link tap on the menu again.
- Locate the Print group QR code.
- Your phone has to be connected to a printer to be able to print the QR code. Intending participants of the WhatsApp group can just scan the code to join the group.
- Android users have to scan using a third-party QR code reader.
- While iPhone users can directly using the code using their phones’ cameras.
- The admin has the right and ability to revoke the link at any time. Thus making the link invalid and create a new one.
Restrict members from Changing WhatsApp group info
People are different and these differences also show on WhatsApp groups app usage. One of the major misunderstandings on group results from users changing the group info for personal reasons. An admin can solve this with this simple guide.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android, iPhone, or PC.
- Go to the group where you want to make the changes.
- Tap the group subject to open group info.
- Scroll down, locate and tap on the option “Group Settings”.
- It opens a sub-menu.
- All group participants-Here all members are free to edit the WhatsApp group details.
- Only admins – This restricts editing to the WhatsApp group admin members only
- Next, tap on edit ‘group info’.
- Finally, Tap on OK to save the changes.