There are a ton of dating services out there but Tinder dating service stands out from the rest. Tinder is a leading dating service that is available on the web and mobile. It offers an easy to use interface across all platforms.
Tinder Dating: Step By Step Guide
Here are the steps to get started.
Download The Tinder App
Launch your app store on iOS or Android device and search for the Tinder app. Then follow instructions to install.
Like most apps in recent times, signing up via Facebook makes things easy because the information about you is pulled from your Facebook profile.
Choose Your Tinder Photos
Tinder requires a maximum of 6 photos. However, if you are signing up via Facebook, photos are auto-selected. You also choose to undo it as you can change the pictures with others from Facebook or your camera roll. To do this tap on the extra photo space/box.
Photos are essential on Tinder because that’s what most matches look at. Below are some photo tips
- Upload personal photo revealing just you.
- Show at least 2/3rds your upper body
- Make eye contacts with the camera lens on the photo
Fill Out The “About Me” Section
A lot of people on Tinder do not write in this section. Really if you want to achieve the aim of tinder, this is a must. Because serious users lookout for users with bio to give away more beyond the picture.
The section requires just 500 characters. So be creative and make it as exciting and enticing as you can.
Below are some useful tips.
- Catch her attention
- Try as much as you can to be emotional. Attract a like, a smile or a laugh
- Highlight a few attractive traits of yourself within the 500 character space.
That’s it. Next…
Link Instagram And Spotify
Tinder allows you to link your Instagram and Spotify accounts to your Tinder profile just in case you want to show off more photos or share your taste in music.
A piece of personal advice is clear out photos that might arouse suspicion of a relationship else you are busted. Also, clear out all unattractive pictures that give wrong vibes and spoil a good impression.
Note that linking your Spotify and Instagram account to Tinder will allow changes on the other platforms to be displayed on Tinder feed.
Set Your Search Criteria
Tinder search criteria include distance limit, gender, and age range. These criteria can be set to suit what you need. Check “discovery settings” make adjustments to your criteria.
You can also have to hide your profile if you want to be invisible to other people.
Now all this is done, you can start swiping to find your matches. Tap the flame icon at the top of the screen.
You will be exposed to other users with their profile pictures. All you need do is swipe right to say yes I like you, left to say no I don’t like you and up to “SuperLike” them. Users on free plans are limited to one super like per day, so use it wisely.
You can also tap the green heart of the red X if you don’t want to actually swipe. Use the yellow arrow to undo your swipe available to Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold users. The blue star to “SuperLike” a profile.
If you want to read a potential match’s profile or see the rest of their photos, tap without swiping and you can scroll through the pics and read their bio.
If the person you swiped right on “likes” your profile as well, a match is made and they will show up in your messaging queue.
To start a conversation, tap the conversation bubble in the top-right corner. This will bring up all your matches. Just tap on the person’s photo and you can type in your message.
Positives of Tinder
- It is free to download and use on the phone (iPhone or Android) and on desktop (via Tinder.com).
- Minimal profile entry required
- The swipe functions are fun and descriptive to use.to use, just swipe left or right to reject or accept and
- Swipe up to Super Like match.
- Brings people faster than other dating sites or apps
- Meet new people every day if you change location or they change location.
- Tinder Lite app requires to reduce data usage in certain countries.
Negatives of Tinder
- Requires no complex verification system
- Does not let the relationship status of users know (married, in a relationship, or single)
- Litle information about match especially those without-bio.
- You cant find match base on similar interests.
- There is no provision for you to have a second look at someone you have rejected before.
- This more expensive
Tinder Cost & Plans
Basic functions such as swiping, matching, and messaging, are free.
There two upgrade plans on the Tinder. They are The Tinder Free, Plus, and Gold plan. Before we going to the plans and features.
- Upload max of 6 photos
- Max of 500-word short bio
- You can link your Spotify and Instagram.
- Get access to like a max of 100 profiles in12 hours.
- Send, read, and reply to messages the paired matches
- One “SuperLike” per day
- You can hide age
- Hide your distance away
- Change location
- Reverse swipes
- Access to one free Boost a month. This makes you a top profile in your area for 30minutes.
- Setting to allow you to be viewed by users you swipe right.
- Get access to most recently active users
- Unlimited right swipes
- 5 extra Super per day
Tinder Plus costs $9.99/month under the age of 30 and $19.99/month for those over the age of 30. There is a monthly cost discount if you are paying for 6 or 12 months.
- Get all plus plan benefits.
- Well-arranged menu of people who liked you. So a right swipe = instant match
- 4 to10 Tinder Top per daily
Tinder Gold costs $21.99 a month, with a $10 per month for 12 months subscription.
Many guys default to just a simple “Hey” or “Hi there,” which isn’t the way to stand out on a dating app. You can usually bet that the higher quality your match is, the harder it will be to get her attention.
It is wise to have a few Tinder icebreaker messages and get you a ton of dates. Just like a good bio, a good Tinder user should be able to catch attention and prompt some sort of emotional response.
You’ll also want to make it easy for her to respond, so the best thing to do is ask her a question.